Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I am in Macerata! It only took two flights, three trains, and wandering around with giant luggage for about Hal an hour before two other girls and I found the hostel we're staying in.

I was lucky and met a couple of girls on the way that are also in the program. Here are some observations that began before I even landed in Rome:

Realizations

1 - Some people live next to gigantic mountains
2 - I have never Really seen mountains
3 - Airports make every city look the same

I'm obsessed with these mountains. I flew over the Alps at sunrise on the way to Rome from Frankfurt and I almost died when I looked out the window and saw them.

This city is gooooorgeous. Macerata is smallish, but still full of old buildings, art, chapels, etc. everything you could ask for in an Italian city. By the way, nobody here speaks English. So I feel like I need to know it immediately. Hopefully I pick it up pretty quickly.

I might get to take my painting class with all Italians if no one else signs up ( there are actually only 8 students in our group). I also learned I have a break from the 24th of February to March 4th. Anyone up for a trip to Europe? I'll let you pick the city.

Okay. I'm going to show some iPhone pictures now because I wish everyone I know could be seeing all of this.




Stained glass in a shrine to the Virgin Mary.

The Alps! Ahhh!

I do not know what this is. Other than a strange land bridge in Italy.

Weird hostel breakfast.

Maceratas chapel.

Macerata friends sleeping on the longest train ride ever.

Yum countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment